Almond Chicken with Orangecello Thyme Cream
- 1 large Orange, segmented
- 1 whole chicken breast cut in half
- ⅓ cup finely chopped blanched almonds
- ⅓ cup fine bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- All-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup Gioia Luisa Orangecello
- Salt and pepper
- Remove peel and white pith from orange. Cut between membranes with small sharp knife to release segments. Set aside.
- Using a flat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken between two sheets of waxed or parchment paper to thickness of ½ inch.
- Combine almonds, bread crumbs and thyme on large plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip into egg mixture, then into almond mixture.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown and springy to touch about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Stir cream, orange juice and Orangecello into skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to ⅔ cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add orange sections.
- To serve spoon sauce over chicken.