Gioia Luisa Lemoncello Cured Salmon on Rye
- 2 lbs salmon filet, King salmon preferred
- 2 cups Gioia Luisa Lemoncello
- 2 cups fine sea salt
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup pickling spice
- Rye Bread sliced and cut into 2 inch rounds, toasted
- Gremolada Crème Fraiche (recipe to follow)
- Dill snipped for garnish
- Reduce Lemoncello by half over medium high heat. Then cool.
- Marinate salmon in cooled liqueur for eight hours. Remove and pat dry, discard liquid.
- Mix salt, sugar dill and spice well.
- In a plastic container put a layer of cure mix, place salmon on top and cover with remaining mix. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Let cure in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove salmon from cure and wash.
- Slice paper thin, disconnecting at skin if still intact.
- To serve place salmon slice on rye toast and garnish with a small dollop of Gremolada Crème Fraiche and snipped dill.
Gremolada Crème Fraiche
- 1 cup Crème Fraiche
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon Gioia Luisa Lemoncello