HONEY ORANGECELLO GLAZED MEATBALLS
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 1lb.lean ground beef (ground turkey or chicken maybe substituted)
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning (if using ground turkey/chicken)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup Gioia Luisa Orangecello
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- Baguette, sliced and toasted
- Combine onion, meat, breadcrumbs, egg, salt and pepper (poultry seasoning if needed).
- Mix well and shape into 1 inch balls. Place in 10 x 15 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk flour with small amount of the orange juice until smooth; add remaining orange juice, Gioia Luisa Orangecello and honey bring to boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Brush meatballs with glaze and bake for 25-30 minutes; basting with additional glaze twice during the baking process.
Garnish with orange slices and toasted baguette slices.