Lemoncello Crème Bread Pudding
Serves 8 – 10
- Preheat oven 350°
- 10 sheets of fillo dough or pastry puff
- 6-8 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅔ cup raisins
- ½ cup mixed chopped nuts; blanched almonds, hazelnuts & chopped pistachios
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Gioia Luisa Lemoncello Crème
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom (maybe just a thought)
- On a buttered baking sheet, brush each fillo sheet with butter, stacking them on top of each (or the top of the pastry puff). Bake the fillo in preheated 350° over for about 10 minutes or until they are crisp and slightly colored.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- In a baking dish, crumble ⅓ of the cooked pastry into small pieces then sprinkle the raisins and nuts; repeat two more times creating a 3-layer dessert.
Increase oven heat to 425° (Note temperature change!)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a rolling boil; add Gioia Luisa Lemoncello Crème and sugar. Pour mixture over pudding and sprinkle top with cinnamon and cardamom. Bake 25 minutes or until slightly golden and serve warm from the oven.