Lemoncello Crème Icebox Cake
- 2-3 Lemons
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup Gioia Luisa Lemoncello Crème, plus 3 tablespoons
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, split
- ¾ cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 store bought all-butter pound cakes (10 ounces each)
- Grate from 2-3 lemons enough zest so that you have 2 teaspoons for the filling and 1 teaspoon for the topping. Set aside. Then squeeze lemon juice from one of the lemons. Reserve the other lemons for another use.
- o make filling, mix lemon juice, ¼ cup Lemoncello crème, 2 teaspoons zest and sweetened condensed milk together in small bowl. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To make frosting, beat together whipping cream, 3 tablespoons of Lemoncello Crème, 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon of zest. Keep cold in refrigerator until ready to assemble cake.
- To assemble cake, trim crust from all sides of cakes, slice each one in half horizontally.
- Place first layer on cake plate, spoon filling on layer, repeat two more times and secure layers with skewers and frost cake with whipped cream. Refrigerate cake for several hours.
- To serve, slice vertically to show all layers.