PORK TENDERLOIN WITH POMECELLO & DRIED FRUIT
- Preheat Oven 375°
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 3 pounds)
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Course salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup dried peaches
- ½ cup dried apples
- ½ cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- ½ cup brandy
- ½ cup Gioia Luisa Pomecello
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Rub the pork with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in roasting pan lightly greased with EVOO.
- Melt butter in skillet, stir in brown sugar. Add dried fruit and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in brandy and Gioia Luisa Pomecello, water, cinnamon and allspice. Simmer for 5 minutes the pour over pork.
- Place roast in over for 20 minutes. Turn pork over, spoon fruit and juices on top, then roast for another 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 140°. Remove pork, spoon fruit only over pork then transfer juices to small saucepan. On low heat, create a sauce reduction with slow simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Spoon sauce over meat and cooked fruit.