ROASTED BEETS WITH LEMONCELLO VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- 10-12 phyllo dough sheets purchased ready made (9” x 14”)
- Preheat over 400°
- 12 beets (approx 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry Vinegar (or wine vinegar if not available)
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- ⅓ Cup Gioia Luisa Lemoncello
- Remove the tops and roots from the beets and peel with vegetable peeler (like a carrot),
- Cut beets into small chunks. Place on baking sheet and toss with olive oil, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Roast 35-40 minutes turning twice during the cooking process until beets are tender.
- While beets are roasting, prepare the dressing. Whisk vinegar, orange juice and Gioia Luisa Lemoncello together. Remove beets from oven and toss immediately with Lemoncello Vinaigrette Dressing.
Serve warm as a side dish to poultry or pork.