Roquefort and Pear in Phyllo Dough
- 10-12 phyllo dough sheets purchased ready made (9” x 14”)
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter, plus ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ pounds firm but ripe Bosc pears, peeled, cored and diced (3 ½ cups)
- 6-8 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (1 ¼ cups)
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoons Gioia Luisa Lemoncello
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water
- Melt 1½ teaspoons butter in skillet over high heat. Add pears and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Discard any juices and cool completely.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add cheese, pecans, flour and Lemoncello to pears and toss gently to combine.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in microwavable dish. Using a pastry brush, gently brush 1 unrolled phyllo dough leaf with butter. Be careful not to tear leaf. Repeat for each leaf, stacking one leaf on top of the last. Stack 5-6 leaves together.
- Put ½ of the filling over the dough to within one inch of the edge.
- Starting on the long side, gently roll the leaves into a long roll and tuck under the ends.
- Place roll onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Brush roll with egg wash.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Until nicely browned and phyllo is crispy.
- Cool and slice crosswise into 1-inch slices. Can be served warm or at room temperature.