Orangecello Chocolate Pots de Crème
- 2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons Gioia Luisa Orangecello
- 2 eggs, separated
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Combine the chocolate and Orangecello in top pan of a double boiler. Stir until the chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from the water and let it cool slightly. Whisk in the egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the whites from stiff peaks.
- Stir ⅓ of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining egg whites.
- In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 2 or 3 ramekins, cover and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours. To serve garnish with sweetened whipped cream.