Tradition meets Modern Technology
Using the peels of the distinctive Sorrentine fruit, the production of Limoncello and Limoncello Crème is based on a traditional process utilizing advanced technologies that are of the highest standards found today. Within seconds of the fruit being peeled, the skins are immersed into tanks containing pure grain alcohol. The infusion process takes approximately four days. Once complete, water and sugar is blended in, which is followed by multiple filtrations. These multiple filtrations are a key step in creating Gioia Luisa’s exquisite liqueurs.
Creation of Limoncello
Why Gioia Luisa
The creation of Limoncello is based on traditional process utilizing advanced technologies that are of the highest standards found today. Automation has replaced the laborious hand peeling of lemons by devoted Sorrento women.
During immersion, the alchemistical characteristics from the region’s exclusive volcanic soil are invoked as the magical transformation of Gioia Luisa Limoncello begins. Within a short period, the enhanced flavors of the special skins penetrate the simple alcohol. The process is natural yet very delicate.
With fresh, vine-ripened lemons and simple ingredients like water and suger, the magical process of capturing the essence of the rind oil results in creating the finely balanced digestive known as Limoncello. Pleasing on the palette with its aromatic, lemony bouquet, Limoncello is best served chilled from the freezer. Limoncello is sure to make any occasion special. Limoncello Crème is also made with the same care and attention as that used in the producing Gioia Luisa Limoncello. You can trust the name of Gioia Luisa to combine traditional methods with modern technology to supply quality products for years to come.
Gioia Luisa is one of the founding companies that established the IGP registration for the lemon orchards grown in Sorrento. Note: IGP is the equivalent to the DOCG used for Italian Wines.
- Gioia Luisa uses lemon peels grown exclusively from IGP orchards.
- Gioia Luisa has one of the highest concentrations of lemon peels per gallon of alcohol on the market today.
- Gioia Luisa does not use any flavorings to enhance the taste.
- Gioia Luisa wins in taste, bouquet and overall mouth feel competitions.
- Gioia Luisa helped established the “Limoncello” category in the USA market since 1996.
The Highest Standard
This exclusive insignia is only available when the ‘production formula’ for Limoncello meets the highest standards set forth by the Italian limoncello producing consortium.
- All lemons used in the liqueur must come from the protected geographic designation of the Sorrento region.
- The defined ratio between kilos of lemon peels to liters of alcohol is followed.
- Gioia Luisa SrL is one of the few producers in Italy to follow these strict guidelines.
How do you store Gioia Luisa liqueurs?
Limoncello should be stored in the freezer, while Limoncello Crème should be stored in the refrigerator. All unopened bottles of Limoncello, Limoncello Crème will last several years if stored in a cool, dry place.